Online meetings are important for many Out of Office workers, but most people don’t know how to behave in them - neither efficiently nor effectively. In this episode, we give you 10 guidelines for online meeting etiquette, so you make the most of your next online meeting.
Listen to the episode here:
Buy the book here (available at a reduced price for a limited time).
Here are the ten guidelines:
- Find a quiet environment with good call quality.
- Be on time.
- Stay silent while waiting for the call to start.
- Identify yourself and address people by name.
- Be polite.
- Use mute when not speaking.
- Avoid distractions.
- Avoid multi-tasking.
- Stay on track and ensure private matters are solved outside the call.
- Respect people’s valuable time.
Reference: This list is from Gihan's book Best Practice Conference Calls. The main credit for this list goes to his co-author Brandon Munro, who initially created this list. We also have this list available as a free one-page download from the Web site, so you can distribute it to colleagues and clients as well.