A lot has changed in the last 6-12 months for Out of Office workers. In this episode, we review some of the changes, enhancements and new services available to make it even easier to use the Internet for greater freedom in your work life.
Listen to the episode here:
- Online retail has grown by around 29 percent, roughly ten times the rate that traditional bricks-and-mortar retail is growing.
- Local retailers striking deals with overseas distributors to refuse Australian customers - but this might be illegal
- Australia Post still in the Dark Ages when it comes to delivery and pick-up - newsagents might start offering an alternative
- Collaboration is a $1 billion industry, due to grow to $3.5B by 2016
- Scam losses reported to the ACCC totalled more than $85.6 million, a 35 per cent increase from 2010 (from the ACCC’s 2011 Targeting Scams Report)
- Online scams cost $US485m in US in 2011
- Singapore sees spike in online scams
- For help, check scamwatch.gov.au
- Malware writers targeting Macs
- Mobile wireless access is growing faster than other broadband
- Criminals are getting smarter about exploiting hotel WiFi users